Throughout the blog, I will make references to the areas of development that are referred to by the Statutory Framework of Great Britain, the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) By law the framework is followed throughout Great Britain in childcare settings, with children aged 0-5 years of age.
Toward the end of each post I will evaluate which areas have been developed and an example given as to what skill may have been learnt. Below is a list of the Areas of Learning as provided by the EYFS:
- Communication and language-Speaking and listening
- Physical development- Fine and large manipulative skills, coordination, healthy food choices
- Personal, social and emotional- Making relationships, social skills, feelings and self help
- Literacy- Linking sounds to letters, learning how to read and write
- Mathematics- Shapes, space, measurement, number counting and recognition
- Understanding of the world- Technology, learning about their community and the world around them
- Expressive arts and design- Dancing, creating and role play.