The next day, I saw happyhooligans.ca activity, using dried spaghetti, pony beads and play dough. I knew Bee would love this as it was following her interest and would build on her experience of seeing the rainbow the other day. Thank you happyhooligans.ca for your idea and inspiration.
Who can play?
Children 3 years and above, depending on their age and stage of development.
Small beads can easily be stuffed up noses or swallowed, so supervision is required at all times.
What do we need:
- Three tubs to contain the items needed for this activity
- Dried spaghetti at different lengths
- Rainbow coloured pony beads
- Green play dough
- Rainbow template
"Look Mummy" she said "I have made a face, with hair, cheeks, eyes and a nose" She said it was her little cousin.
We sang the rainbow song:
- Make rainbows out of play dough
- Thread beads onto pipe cleaners if your child gets a bit frustrated with the spaghetti breaking
- You could also add a different variety of threading tools to this activity, such as wool, sticks etc.